Skip to main content

A Shabby Chic Valentine's Mantel


I really wanted to create a winter white mantel after Christmas, but to be honest with you, my mantel remained bare for about three weeks after we finally got Christmas packed away. So instead, I incorporated some white pieces into my Valentine's mantel and used the shabby white cloth garland I made for my parents' fiftieth wedding reception as inspiration to create somewhat of a shabby chic look.

I used a white birdcage with a pair of white birds inside. I left the white and gold bow on it- gold decor is growing on me now. I also placed some glitter heart picks from the Dollar Tree in a white thrift store vase. I'm also using the same red frame I used last year during Valentine's and on last year's fall mantel. I love that I have a collection of things I can swap out season to season.


On the other side I'm using my glitter heart mason jar and the punched heart specimen art I made three years ago when I first started decorating for Valentine's day.

 
I love the garland. I accented it with some felt hearts.
 

This is somewhat of a side view. This is how I see my mantel from the kitchen sink and I love the view (except for that vintage TV).


Thanks for stopping by. I'll be sharing here:


Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.