Skip to main content

Thrift store finds

I went to the Salvation Army thrift shop here yesterday and thought I'd share my finds. You know how it is, sometimes you find great things you are just tickled over and sometimes nothing.

For $10.70 I got three men's shirts for upcycle/refashion projects, two patterns (25 cents each), some styrofoam balls, straight pins and two china plates.
Here's a closer look at the patterns (25 cents patterns excite me!):


 and a closer look at the plate(s) ( I only pictured one).



I like the shape of the plates but I'm thinking of spray painting them and adding some vinyl shapes or words. What would you do with them?

And speaking of thrift store finds, check out THIS ARTICLE on a woman finding an urn with ashes. I'd be a little freaked out, whether it's someone's mom or cat. Have you ever found anything bizarre like this at the thrift shop?

Let me know your thoughts on the plates or the urn.