Skip to main content

Chevron ladybug frame

 
I've got a stack of unfinished wooden frames that need to be turned into fun usable frames, so I dug in and created this chevron ladybug frame with the help of chevron shaped Frog tape. I don't know why I didn't try it sooner for chevrons. It's great! I got a nice clean finish with it.

 
I started with this plain frame from Michael's.
 
 
 
I painted it a base coat of white. When it was thoroughly dry, I applied the Frog tape and coated it with Bright Magenta  Craft Smart acrylic paint from Michael's. Here's a little repurposing tip for you: I use empty applesauce containers to hold my paint while working. I used to use yogurt cups but we stopped eating yogurt after doing the Whole30 program. I still use unsweetenend applesauce in some recipes, and the containers are perfect for small paint jobs.
 
 
I decide that since this was a fun girly frame, it needed some sparkle. I applied a coat of Sparkle Mod Podge as the final coat. Then I glued on this cute ladybug cut out that I also got at Michael's some time ago.
 

I am in love with the final product!

Sharing here:


Comments