Skip to main content

Our traditional Christmas tree

 
This year I went back to a traditional theme of red and gold for my Christmas decorations. My husband has a collection of ornaments that date back to his childhood and I really wanted to use them on the tree so I decided this year we would go with a more traditional look. Originally I was thinking more rustic and I wanted to use burlap, but after checking with Michael's and finding out that their wide burlap ribbon is not flame retardant (and burlap is very flammable), hubby vetoed that idea. He was afraid the lights might get too hot. Better be safe than sorry. So I used plaid ribbon as a garland and the rest of the tree is filled with ornaments. Nothing fancy, but I love the way it turned out. We even put out hubby's holiday train this year around the base of the tree.
 
Here are some of our favorite ornaments:
 
Vintage santa and note the cross stitch ornament from 1983.


Clothespin nutcracker/solider- My absolute favorite. Hubby made these as a child.

 
Bobba Fett- He came along several years ago when hubby was.. umm.. a much older child, lol.

 
 What is Christmas without the Grinch?


Of course, mangers are necessary...

 
 And then there is Spider Man. He comes with a story too. As a kid, hubby converted a toy into an ornament and would hang him in random places on the tree, his mother's beautiful theme tree that had nothing to do with Spider man. He would get moved but would show up again. Hubby's parents finally bought him an official Spider Man ornament and to this day, he randomly show up on the tree.

 
 Some views of the train:






Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and all of the love and peace that comes with a true understanding of this season!

Sharing here:

Think Pink Sundays*Under the Table and Dreaming* Sundae Scoop* Suburb’s Mama Sunday link*DIY Sunday Showcase*Craftomaniac Monday*Make the Scene Monday* The DIY’ers *Masterpiece Monday* Motivate Me Monday*Market Yourself Mondays at Sumo’s Sweet Stuff* Pink Hippo Party*More The Merrier Monday* Mop It Up Monday *Monday Funday*Give me the Goods*The Scoop*Project Inspired*Take a Look Tuesday* Handmade Tuesdays*  Tell Me Tuesday*Tuesday Talent Show*My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia* Tip Junkie*Get Your Craft On* Terrific Tuesday*Pretty Things*From Dream to Reality

Comments