Skip to main content

Coastal Patriotic mantel

Yesterday I showed you my beach themed summer mantel decor. Today I'm back to show you how I've updated that same decor to a patriotic look and for less than $10.


I picked up some patriotic paper fans from the Dollar Tree. They came two to a pack, one large and one small. I'll go ahead and tell you to expect to need a few more supplies to make them work. One of mine was missing string and one was missing the adhesive strip to hold it together. I also took extra adhesive to get them to stay together in the middle and not fold in half. I hung them from my mantel on clear Command hooks. You could also make a garland with them.

I placed some red votives I already had on hand on each side. I purchased some small flags from Michael's and added them to the succulent arrangement.



I took the fan with no string and adhered a small dowel to the back and stuck it in my shell filled hurricane.  I also picked up the picture frame from Tuesday Morning for $3.99. I placed a photo taken at Patriot's Point, S.C. in the frame.

 


That's it. Just a few pops of red, white, and blue and my coastal mantel became a patriotic mantel for the Fourth of July.


Did you decorate for the Fourth of July? If so, I'd love to know how and what items you used.

Sharing here:



Comments

  1. Very nice! I grew up in Charleston, SC and now live in Wilmington, NC. LOVE both places. It was sooooo much fun growing up in Charleston, I still have lifelong friends there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I love seeing how people decorate for holidays, I always want too....but besides Christmas I don't get around to it much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute mantel! The fans are really cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple and chic! I love it! I wish I had a chance to decorate! Thank you for sharing at Give Me The Goods!

    Dimples & Pig Tales

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mantle. Thank you so much for linking up to my linky party. Hope to see more from you next time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.