Skip to main content

New wreath...complete with frog!


Do you see him?

I made a new wreath for the front door. I went out and took the old one off and put up the new one, only to find myself face to face with a small frog. EEEEEWWW! I thought he would jump off while I went to get my camera, but he didn't. He just hid behind the wreath, so I took pictures with him on the door and then took one of him just for laughs.

I saw a wreath at Michael's that used metal flip flops and was way out of my price range, but it inspired me to do something with real flip flops. I've also been seeing these rag wreaths or fabric strip wreaths and thought I'd combine the two ideas. I purchased some childrens size 12 flip flops from the Dollar Tree. I've decorated them with some fabric flowers I've made while trying out all the new (or new to me) tutorials for flowers on the internet. I used fabric from my stash, much of it vintage. I just tied on the strips, made flowers, hot glued them to the flip flops, and then hot glued the flip flops to the wreath. I love the bright summer colors on my dark door!

 



Here are some close ups of the flowers and links to the flower tutorials.

 

Hand sewn fabric flower



Rolled twisted rosettes

Rolled braided rosettes

Thanks for looking! Have a great weekend!

I'm linking up here:








Show and Tell Green


giveaways


 
 


Other links in sidebar!

Comments

  1. Your summer wreath is TOO CUTE! Love the idea with the flipflops! Totally "makes" the wreath :)

    Visiting from Tatertots and Jello

    Kara @ MinefortheMaking.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cute cute! My daughters have some old flip flops I could put to good use! Thanks for sharing with the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just too cute! I'm doing my kids' bathroom as a fun Hawaiian beach theme and this would be so cute in there, sans frog of course! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is TOO cute! What a great idea and perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What was the base of your wreath that you tied the strips of fabric to? Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.