Skip to main content

For the Lord

Okay, I admit it is a bit late and I'm doing this at the last minute and that's not really any way to do anything for the Lord, but this week's Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge was a free theme, so long as you created as if you were doing it for the Lord.


Colossians 3:17 "And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."



A free theme didn't really motivate me because I didn't know what I wanted to do. I need structure. This afternoon hubby asked me to print this verse for our Sunday School class in a nice font to put on the bulletin board. We teach our college and career age class (18-30) and one of them suggested this as a class verse. We have also talked about decorating our classroom as it is a little bland - old brown paneling. That's when it hit me- I could do a scrapbook style layout with the verse and frame it. I used the sketch from Sketch Saturday for a layout. I'm late posting this because we went out to dinner and to run some errands and I just got back to frame it and take a photo. I like it better out of the frame as there is a brown border around my page and the frame covers it. I'm not sure it technically qualifies for the challenges because the image isn't stamped but I did sponge some ink around the verse. Anyway, here's my project:




Papers: We R Memory Keepers
Accents: Prima flowers, rhinestones- Michaels

Thanks for looking.

Comments

  1. This is great! So glad you thought of something to do for the challenge...thanks for playing along with us at SSCC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card!
    I think there needs to be more Christian related craft products. I looked EVERYWHERE for a cross punch die or anything... and finally found one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very beautiful! I love how you used the challenge for your classroom decoration! It's perfect!
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!
    Blessings!
    ~H

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.