Skip to main content

Metal stamped initial necklaces


Metal stamping has been on my list of things to try out for a long time. I have owned a set of metal stamps purchased from Harbor Freight for over a year now but just finally got around to using them a couple of months ago. I made necklaces for Christmas gifts for my mother and in-laws. These were a lot of fun and come together fairly quickly so they would aslo be great gifts for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day or anytime you need to whip a a gift for a special girl friend.

My stamp set is 1/8 inch and I used 9mm sterling silver discs. I also used sterling silver chain for these since they were gifts. I purchased my supplies in bulk from Silver City Beads on etsy so I have around $10 invested in each necklace. They can be made for less if you forgo the sterling.



Other supplies included beads, charms, 4mm and 6mm jump rings. This is a great stash busting project if you are already into jewelry making or beading. Adding a bead to your necklace is a great way to use up those random leftover beads.

I used the same beads as the angel earrings in this one below to make a charm.


This one has a dragonfly. This is also a great project to personalize for the recipient. Not only does it have their initial but you can add charms that symbolize things they love or collect. That's what I did with each one of my necklaces.


Thanks for stopping by! Hope you are having a great New Year so far.

Linking here:


Comments

  1. I love these! I would love for you to link up at Link'n Blogs.
    http://iputabirdonit.blogspot.com/2014/01/linkn-blogs-link-party-6.html

    Have a great day!

    xo
    Daniela
    Put A Bird On It

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty, I would love it if you would share these on my weekly link party - Serenity Saturday at http://www.serenityyou.com/2014/01/serenity-saturday-117.html

    Natasha @ Serenity You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your necklaces are so pretty! Thank you for sharing at this week's Project Inspire{d} ~ pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely! You've inspired me to get out my stamping set:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for your kind words! I love hearing from you.